The Studio Foundation equipment cage (South 306) is located in the entrance foyer to South 305. Here you can check out equipment and get help with basic questions. It’s also the place to go for printing, scanning, and public-access Macintosh workstation use.
Normal hours of operation:
- 7:45 A.M. to 10:00 P.M. Monday through Thursday
- 7:45 A.M. to 7:00 P.M. on Fridays
Open Lab Time: During open lab time you have access to one of the Visual Language / Time labs, check with the cage monitor on duty if a lab is not open.
- Monday from 6:45 pm to 10 pm
- Tuesday from 6:45 pm to 10 pm
- Wednesday from 8:15 pm to 10 pm
- Thursday from 6:45 pm to 10 pm
- Friday on an as-neeeded basis in the afternoons until 7:00 p.m.
Digital Media Zone: An open lab with an expert in the house to help with digital cameras, lighting, Photoshop, sound recorders, video cameras, video editing , lighting, scanning, printing, presentation options, and more! Usually the first 45 minutes as a structured demo and the rest of the time is open lab with access to an expert.
- Tuesday from 6:45 p.m to 9:45 p.m.
- Thursday from 6:45 p.m. to 9:45 p.m.
The cage is not open on weekends, college holidays, Thanksgiving break, and closes for the Winter and Summer Holiday on the last scheduled day of class. The cage opens at the start of each term on the first scheduled day of class.
If you are ever in doubt about cage hours or opening, call the Studio Foundation Cage Hotline at 617.879.7021 (We suggest putting this number in your contacts list on your phone).