Studio Foundation Cage Equipment Checkout Policy
When you check out equipment from the cage, you agree to abide by our policies. You can read them on the Studio Foundation web site or right here. Please read them carefully. Ask the cage monitor on duty if you have any questions. If you don’t follow our policies, you may lose your equipment check-out privileges!
1. You are responsible to make sure that what you check out is complete and in working order when you check it out and to return it in good working order without any missing parts, cables, or accessories. If any part of the kit is damaged or lost (e.g. battery charger, batteries, cable, memory card, bag) you must replace it immediately. You will not be allowed to take out any more equipment until everything is returned or replaced.
2. Equipment must be returned the next day the cage open at 10:00 a.m. (e.g. Monday at 10:00 a.m. if checking out on a Friday since the cage is closed on weekends). The cage maintains a two strike rule: the first time something is late, you get a warning. The second time something is late, you lose your equipment access privileges. Hours of operation are listed on the Cage Schedule.
3. Do not call or e-mail the cage to renew equipment—you must physically bring the equipment in and re-check it out again if available.
4. Use of equipment during class may be coordinated by your teacher, teaching assistant, or digital media workshop instructor. Items provided in class must returned to the cart before class is over.
5. Reserving equipment ahead of time is possible pending classroom needs. Ask a cage monitor for more information.
6. Things break. If you respect the equipment and are mindful of proper operation, you will not be held responsible for equipment failures, but you will be responsible for repairing damage from improper or careless use.
7. You must be registered in a Studio Foundation course to check out equipment from the cage. We verify your registration status through WebCheckout (our online checkout system). Your MassArt student ID with a current semester registration sticker is required to check out equipment.
8. If you need extra time to complete your assignment, you may ask in advance at the time of check out for an extension to the standard check-out time (up to one additional 24 hour period). There will be no changes to the time equipment is due once it has been checked out. Extensions must be arranged prior to checkout. Once you check something out, it must be returned on time.
9. Any variations to this policy may only be arranged and approved in advance by a Studio Manager. The Monitors working in cage do not have the authority to deviate from this policy under any circumstances.
There are some variations in this policy for summer courses. Please discuss these with the Studio Manager or your instructor.
This page was last updated on September 24, 2012 (minor corrections).